Kenya wins only medal in boxing at the Commonwealth Games
Christine Ongare won Kenya fourth bronze medal and only medal for Kenya in boxing at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games despite 5-0 loss to Northern Ireland’s Carly Mcnaul at the Oxenfen Studios.
McNaul was the first into the ring and the Belfast fighter comfortably beat Ongare by unanimous decision - even forcing her opponent to take a standing count - to advance to a gold medal showdown against Lisa Whiteside of England.
"I gave up my job and everything," said McNaul afterwards.
"I couldn't do it without my parents who are at home looking after my boy. This is for you son." She added.
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Usain Bolt can be good defender – World Cup-winning coachFootball 1 week ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Son and mum put best stick forwardHockey 1 day ago
- Arsenal injury update ahead of West Ham clashPremier League 1 month ago
- Stars play Malawi Flames today: Bandari’s Shikalo and Sofapaka’s Mutamba in line for starting rolesFootball 1 week ago
- Swimming: Kioko stars in Coast Novice galaSports 6 hours ago