Kenya wins only medal in boxing at the Commonwealth Games
Christine Ongare won Kenya fourth bronze medal and only medal for Kenya in boxing at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games despite 5-0 loss to Northern Ireland’s Carly Mcnaul at the Oxenfen Studios.
McNaul was the first into the ring and the Belfast fighter comfortably beat Ongare by unanimous decision - even forcing her opponent to take a standing count - to advance to a gold medal showdown against Lisa Whiteside of England.
"I gave up my job and everything," said McNaul afterwards.
"I couldn't do it without my parents who are at home looking after my boy. This is for you son." She added.
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 1 day ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 14 hours ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery reveals why they were beaten by SouthamptonFootball 16 hours ago
- Rugby: Western Bulls, USIU maintain unbeaten record Rugby 14 hours ago
- Arsene Wenger rejected Fulham before they turned to RanieriPremier League 1 month ago
- Broke Gor Mahia coach Kerr jogged from Kileleshwa to Jericho for trainingFootball 2 weeks ago