Kenya wins only medal in boxing at the Commonwealth Games
Christine Ongare won Kenya fourth bronze medal and only medal for Kenya in boxing at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games despite 5-0 loss to Northern Ireland’s Carly Mcnaul at the Oxenfen Studios.
McNaul was the first into the ring and the Belfast fighter comfortably beat Ongare by unanimous decision - even forcing her opponent to take a standing count - to advance to a gold medal showdown against Lisa Whiteside of England.
"I gave up my job and everything," said McNaul afterwards.
"I couldn't do it without my parents who are at home looking after my boy. This is for you son." She added.
- Reports: Less than a year after joining Blues from Arsenal, Giroud heading out of club ahead of transferFootball 7 hours ago
- Former FKF boss Sam Nyamweya mourns Mama OliechFootball 5 hours ago
- Barcelona player linked with shock move to ArsenalFootball 8 hours ago
- Mesut Ozil retires from international footballFootball 7 hours ago
- Barcelona frustrate Manchester United’s plan to sign Chelsea superstarFootball 9 hours ago
- Maurizio Sarri banned from his usual half-time ritual by Roman AbramovichFootball 2 days ago
- Arsenal star joins Porto on season-long loanFootball 3 days ago