Athletics: Nyokaye, Chepng’eno shine
Sammy Nyokaye and Betty Chepng'eno won the fourth Rachuonyo cross country meeting in Kendu Bay yesterday.
The cross country contest, which was organised by Athletics Kenya and sponsored by area MP Andrew Adipo and AK national executive member Benjamin Njoga, kicked off athletics events in Nyanza North region. Nyokaye, 30, braved the scorching heat and stiff competition before breaking away from the chasing pack just a few metres to the finish line to win in 29:48.
“I am happy for the win. I hope to compete in trials,” said Nyokaye. John Muranga finished second in men’s senior race in 30.05. [Philiph Orwa]
- De Gea sends powerful message to Man United fans about joining Real MadridFootball 1 day ago
- Mama Oliech dies in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Ozil writes to fans, explains why he met Turkish president ErdoganFootball 6 hours ago
- Barcelona frustrate Manchester United’s plan to sign Chelsea superstarFootball 1 hour ago
- Kenyans Indiza and Andersen make the cut at MastersGolf 1 day ago
- Moments of madness cost Kenya 7s World Cup placeRugby 22 hours ago
- Kwanthanze High target fourth national title in Eldoret gamesVolleyball and Handball 20 hours ago