Athletics: Nyokaye, Chepng’eno shine
Sammy Nyokaye and Betty Chepng'eno won the fourth Rachuonyo cross country meeting in Kendu Bay yesterday.
The cross country contest, which was organised by Athletics Kenya and sponsored by area MP Andrew Adipo and AK national executive member Benjamin Njoga, kicked off athletics events in Nyanza North region. Nyokaye, 30, braved the scorching heat and stiff competition before breaking away from the chasing pack just a few metres to the finish line to win in 29:48.
“I am happy for the win. I hope to compete in trials,” said Nyokaye. John Muranga finished second in men’s senior race in 30.05. [Philiph Orwa]
- Lukaku delivers BAD NEWS to Man Utd fans about leaving, reveals destination Premier League 1 day ago
- Golf: Gakima floors 78 golfers to win at Railways ClubGolf 1 day ago
- Shocking death statistics of World Cup 2022 stadium workers revealedFootball 7 hours ago
- FA condemns fans' "unacceptable behaviour" before England v SpainFootball 21 hours ago
- Spain 2-3 England: Sterling leads Three Lions to stunning success in SevilleFootball 8 hours ago
- Floyd Mayweather responds to UFC Champion Khabib challenging him to a fightBoxing 21 hours ago
- 'I'm ready to cause havoc' - Premier League star admits after three-year goal drought Football 2 hours ago