Nairobi fans show solidarity with injured Victor Wanyama
A section of Kenyan soccer lovers supporting English team Tottenham Hotspurs match in the streets of Nairobi to show solidarity with the Kenyan and Spurs midfielder Victor Wanyama.
The fans waved placards wishing Wanyama quick recovery which has claimed the better part of his game time in the 2017/ 2018 season.
The placards read, “Wanyama…Get Well Soon,” as they went round the Nairobi Central Business District and its outskirts. They were also clad in Tottenham Hotspurs jersey and waved the flag of the North London club.
Wanyama last played in August in a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea and has since been sidelined with injury.
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochetino lamented his absence in the middle of the park as Spurs went on a string of bad results before bouncing back with a 5-1 thrashing against Stoke City on Saturday.
- INEOS 1:59 - Kenyans flood social media to support Eliud Kipchoge on D-DayAthletics 2 days ago
- Massive crowds in Eldoret to witness Kipchoge’s INEOS challenge [Photos] Athletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge does it!Athletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge runs unofficial marathon in under two hoursAthletics 2 days ago
- How Eliud Kipchoge ended the INEOS 1:59 Challenge in style [Photos]Athletics 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge congratulatory messages flood in Athletics 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge’s family and friends react to his historic achievement in ViennaAthletics 2 days ago