Rudisha mourns 'cheerful' sister at burial
Athletics stars joined 800m World Record holder David Rudisha in mourning the death of his step-sister Harriet Namunyak Rudisha who died of cancer.
Namunyak, 24, died at home in Trans Mara West on November 26, after battling lung cancer. While addressing hundreds of mourners, the world champion eulogised his late sister as a cheerful person who never held grudges.
Rudisha described her as passionate, kind and loving.
"It is so sad that our beloved sister Harriet is no longer with us. What I would never forget about her is the fact that I never once disagreed with her," said Rudisha. Athletics bodies senior officials Isaiah Kiplagat and Paul Tergat sent their condolences. [Robert Kiplagat]
- Golf: Gakima floors 78 golfers to win at Railways ClubGolf 1 day ago
- Shocking death statistics of World Cup 2022 stadium workers revealedFootball 6 hours ago
- FA condemns fans' "unacceptable behaviour" before England v SpainFootball 20 hours ago
- Spain 2-3 England: Sterling leads Three Lions to stunning success in SevilleFootball 6 hours ago
- Floyd Mayweather responds to UFC Champion Khabib challenging him to a fightBoxing 19 hours ago
- A day in the life of a living legend - Eliud Kipchoge [Photos] Athletics 2 hours ago
- The bet Real Madrid players made about CR7 leaving for Juventus – revealed by ModricFootball 2 hours ago