Rudisha mourns 'cheerful' sister at burial
Athletics stars joined 800m World Record holder David Rudisha in mourning the death of his step-sister Harriet Namunyak Rudisha who died of cancer.
Namunyak, 24, died at home in Trans Mara West on November 26, after battling lung cancer. While addressing hundreds of mourners, the world champion eulogised his late sister as a cheerful person who never held grudges.
Rudisha described her as passionate, kind and loving.
"It is so sad that our beloved sister Harriet is no longer with us. What I would never forget about her is the fact that I never once disagreed with her," said Rudisha. Athletics bodies senior officials Isaiah Kiplagat and Paul Tergat sent their condolences. [Robert Kiplagat]
- Golf: Kenya launches Safari Tour series in preparation for the Kenya Open ChampionshipGolf 21 hours ago
- 4 players Emery could be about to cut from Arsenal squadPremier League 2 hours ago
- WWE’S RICHEST: Find out how much your favorite wrestler earnsSports 10 hours ago
- Former Arsenal and Liverpool star reveals he was DRUNK when he scored a hat-trickFootball 10 hours ago
- CONFIRMED! AC Milan sign Chelsea starPremier League 1 day ago
- Update on retired striker Ronaldo’s recovery, days after he was admitted to ICUFootball 1 day ago
- Zinedine Zidane wants to be Man United coach immediately season ends – It’s the gossip Football 8 hours ago