Ageng’o wins golf title: Golf Winner’s handicap drops from six to five
Footballer lights up Standard Group-sponsored Karen Club contest.
Emmanuel Ageng’o fired an impressive 41 stable-ford points to win Standard Group-sponsored Karen Country Club Night golf contest on Thursday.
Playing off handicap six, Ageng’o carded 20 points in the inward nine and another 21 points in the back nine to chalk up the victory.
The win saw 27-year-old Ageng’o, a footballer and rugby player, drop his handicap from six to five.
“This was my day. Every shot I made went almost according to plan. I had seven birdies on pitch, the highest I have ever recorded in my golfing career,” Ageng’o said.
The greens were holding and rolling and that contributed largely to the steady flow of shots, he said.
“Kudos to the green keeper. The greens were not running any longer and the weather was conducive.
"I also thank my team of three men and one lady. Their determination inspired me to play better in every hole,” he said.
Ageng’o, who took part in the Standard Group County Classic Golf Series last year, is hopeful of bagging the Karen @80 Tournament set for today at the course.
Rhoda Tsuma Mwebesa, who amassed an impressive 33 points on the ladies side, praised the well-kept course, the fairways and, of course, the favourable weather of the day for the good show.
“Today was a perfect day for golf. I have played here many times but I have never experienced such wonderful weather,” she said.
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 9 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Handball: KHF to organize referees’ courseVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 9 hours ago
- How Mourinho inspired comeback victory against Man City in 'three-words'Gossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- India beat Kenya 3-0 in the Intercontinental Cup Football 2 weeks ago
- Death threats sent to Colombian midfielder Sanchez after he was red carded World Cup 2018 22 hours ago