Amaco International tourney attracts 50 teams
The 11th edition of Amaco International volleyball tournament has attracted 50 teams from East Africa.
Local teams that will compete in the championship that kicks off on May 19 at Eldoret Polytechnic include Kenya Police, Kenya Defence Forces, Kenya Prisons and Kenya Commercial Bank.
Kenya Volleyball Federation chairman Waithaka Kioni thanked Amaco for sponsoring the tournament forthe last 10 years.
“The participation of our teams has encouraged and motivated our players, who train outdoor locally, but when they go internationally they still excel.
“In the spirit of inclusivity, we have incorporated a diverse range of teams from the senior volleyball clubs, universities, colleges, secondary and primary schools and self-supporting clubs,” he said.
Amaco Managing Director, Jonah Tomno, said the role of Sports and excellence in sourced sporting talent, has continued to make an economic impact to lives of individuals.
“It also provides invaluable exposure to upcoming Volleyball players as well as experienced players,” Tomno said.
“This year we put in Sh6.6 million shillings and our staff to work with KVF team to make this tournament a success.” [Jenipher Wachie]
- Korikwang’ and Aprot secure team spots to Africa meetingAthletics 6 hours ago
- Kwale to host Mawimbi contestSports 6 hours ago
- Long-hitting Dustin Johnson reigns as number oneGolf 1 day ago
- Kenyan boxer Agina still missing since Commonwealth Games in Australia two months agoBoxing 21 hours ago
- VIDEOS: Song and dance as Portugal, Morocco fans bask in Luzhniki Stadium ahead of crucial matchWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- How Salah has helped increase attendances at England's oldest mosqueGossip & Rumours 4 weeks ago
- Conte rejects claim he wants to leave ChelseaFootball 2 months ago