Senator Samson Cherargei demands audit of road tenders
By Jacob Ng’etich
| November 17th 2021
A senator has called for the investigation of top officials of an agency for alleged favouritism in road projects.
In a statement to the Senate Committee on Roads and Transportation, Samson Cherargei of Nandi said the Kenya Urban Roads Authority (Kura) had sidelined Rift Valley counties.
“KURA should list for us the all the contracts that they have executed in the last three years, the companies allocated, regions where the projects are and in which counties are they spread,” said Cherargei.
Six corruption suspects charged with embezzling Sh85 millionSix suspects who were arrested for allegedly embezzling Sh85.1 million in Homa Bay County were yesterday charged in court.
Relief as Voi River bursts its banks after heavy rains pound areaResidents have a reason to celebrate after Voi River burst its banks following heavy rains on Monday.
Man arrested over death of four-month old daughter
- Nakuru woman sues husband over Sh10 million gift from father-in-law
By Daniel Chege
- Kabogo to face Baba Yao, Nyoro in race for governor
- No Kenyan among 18 Africa’s richest people on Forbes
By Brian Okoth
- Woman dies after she and her aunt were raped in Nyandarua
By Fred Kagonye
- Musalia Mudavadi pulled a fast one, the ANC boss’ political advisor says