Senator Samson Cherargei demands audit of road tenders
| Nov 17th 2021 | 1 min read
A senator has called for the investigation of top officials of an agency for alleged favouritism in road projects.
In a statement to the Senate Committee on Roads and Transportation, Samson Cherargei of Nandi said the Kenya Urban Roads Authority (Kura) had sidelined Rift Valley counties.
“KURA should list for us the all the contracts that they have executed in the last three years, the companies allocated, regions where the projects are and in which counties are they spread,” said Cherargei.
Six corruption suspects charged with embezzling Sh85 millionSix suspects who were arrested for allegedly embezzling Sh85.1 million in Homa Bay County were yesterday charged in court.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Asbel Kiprop denies sustaining head injuries in nightclub fight
- Two missing men found dead inside vehicle in Lucky Summer
By Mate Tongola
- Court says State acquired prime Eldoret land from owner legally
- US offers Sh233m bounty for two suspects wanted for drug, wildlife crimes
By Betty Njeru
- Disquiet in Kenya Kwanza over Rigathi Gachagua's 'careless' outbursts
- Wilson Airport airspace to be closed Saturday