Police officers arrested on drinking spree
By Peterson Githaiga | March 30th 2020
Thirteen police officers serving in different police stations in Kajiado County will face disciplinary action after they were caught by their seniors on a drinking spree.
The 13 officers were arrested during a crackdown led by Kajiado intergovernmental multi-agency emergency committee on Covid-19.
The crackdown was prompted by public outcry over police officers defying government directives. Some of the pubs where they were found are said to be owned by fellow officers.
Seven officers were found in Mashuru town while other were arrested at Namanga, Maili Tisa and Simba Cement towns within the county.
According to reports, the officers lock themselves in bars and demand "protection" fee for regular revellers interested in joining them.
Kajiado County Commissioner Joshua Nkanatha said defiant officers will face disciplinary action.
Mr Nkanatha warned officers against bending the law.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Uhuru, Raila team to appeal BBI verdict
- Tuju: The 40 minutes that saved my life
- BBI promoters say House route the best option
- Backlash as elders settle on new entrant, Rusana, to succeed Obado
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges