Farmers receive fingerlings to boost fish production
By Olivia Odhiambo
| November 5th 2021
About 100 certified fish farmers have received 100,000 Nile tilapia fingerlings donated by the National Government, in partnership with Victory Farms.
Speaking in Siaya where fish farmers received the donation, executive for Agriculture, Elizabeth Oduor, said the donation would help meet demand in the local market.
"In Siaya, the production of fish has dropped. In the last financial year, we only realised 28,000 metric tonnes of fish," Oduor said, adding that the county produces three million fingerlings against a demand of 17 million.
About 350 farmers also received fishing equipment through the aquaculture business development support program.
Titus Kilonzi, director of administration at the State Department of Fisheries said the donations would help improve production.
Kenya paid influencers to sway debate on Pandora leaks - reportSocial media, more so Twitter is leveraged to deceive and manipulate political issues than foster open discussion.
City official turns down plum job in DP Ruto’s UDA party
- Top KANU official tells off Atwoli over bid to join Azimio la Umoja
- 2,945 teaching positions advertised as TSC seeks to fill gaps left
- No more adjournment of cases set for hearing, Koome says
- Fight over First-Year JKUAT girl ends tragically
By Brian Okoth
- Juja woman who was killed, stashed in suitcase identified
By Fred Kagonye