Seven people die in tragic accident at Keroka in Kisii County
| Feb 14th 2018 | 1 min read
Seven people died in a road accident yesterday at Gucha area along the Keroka-Masimba road in Kisii County.
The accident involved a Probox carrying excess passengers.
Four occupants in the Probox perished on the spot while three pedestrians died on arrival at the Keroka Sub County Hospital.
Those who perished burial of two brothers who died under different circumstances in Masimba.
Keroka OCPD Philip Wambugu confirmed the accident saying that the driver lost control and landed in a ditch.
"The vehicle was carrying six passengers. We will confirm the nature of other survivors," said Wambugu.
Survivors of the accident have been rushed to the Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital.
According to Wambugu, Probox’ have become a menace on the roads.
"They are not supposed to operate as public vehicles. We will continue to sensitize the public on road usage," he said.
Ringa Boys High School on the spot over student's death
By James Omoro
- Ngilu and Musila in talks over top seat
- Court blocks two children born out of wedlock from inheriting step-father's property
By Daniel Chege
- Oscar Sudi was not our student, ex-Highway Secondary School principal testifies
By Paul Ogemba
- Why Wiper isn't about to sever ties with Azimio
- Samuel Mugota: Wife reveals puzzling details of man shot dead at Mirema