'I have a new home', CS Bore says after vacating Sh120m Karen house at night

Labour and Social Protection CS Florence Bore on June 22, 2023. [Boniface Okendo, Standard]

Labour Cabinet Secretary Florence Bore has confirmed vacating the controversial Karen home on Monday night.

Speaking on Thursday, June 22 in Nairobi, Bore said that she vacated the Sh120 million home at the centre of a tussle with Gatanga Member of Parliament Edward Muriu.

The Cabinet Secretary revealed she decided to leave after Muriu refunded her deposit.

"He reached out to me and gave me the refund of the 10 per cent deposit," Bore told journalists on Thursday.

Asked to respond to why she moved out at night, the CS explained that she was busy with work all day and there wasn't a better time given her schedule.

"I moved out at night because I was working during the day. I searched for a house and within an hour, I had a new home, very new...so it was a blessing in disguise," she added.

Bore was involved in a house tussle with the Gatanga MP where the lawmaker accused her of forcibly occupying the house which was put on sale.

The villa located in Nairobi's Karen estate is under the management of Amara Ridge, which later wrote to the CS to provide supporting documents of house ownership within 24 hours or vacate the premises.

"Pursuant to a homeowners meeting held on June 19, it was resolved that you provide the management company with either the executed sale agreement or executed lease agreement or any legal documentation that granted you access to Villa 6. The villa owner as per our records contends that he has never granted any access to the current occupants," Edwin Dande, an Amara representative wrote.

"Please note that failure to provide the information shall sanction the disconnection of all services currently being enjoyed by yourselves whilst occupying the Villa. Further, your entry, both into the Villa, and the property at large, shall be denied."

However, the CS had earlier stated that she entered into a contractual agreement with a company associated with Muriu to buy the house at a negotiated and agreed price.

Bores has maintained her stand that there was a sales agreement that they both signed.

"We signed an agreement. I know I signed my part, maybe he didn't on his end. It was a willing buyer, willing seller situation..." she said.

Bore added that the dispute could have been discussed amongst themselves to reach an amicable solution even if Muriu had found another buyer.