There are at least 50 famous names on the PSC list published in the Tuesday, February 21 newspapers of applicants seeking to fill at least 25 Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) positions.
The Public Service Commission (PSC) said the candidates will be interviewed at its offices on Harambee Avenue in Nairobi starting March 1, 2023.
Names of the shortlisted applicants were published on Page 10 of The Standard newspaper dated Tuesday, February 21.
Members of the public have been invited to send information regarding any of the shortlisted candidates that would help the Public Service Commission make an informed decision about their candidature.
The deadline of the submissions, which should be sent to [email protected], is February 28, 2023.
Among those shortlisted are politicians, former principal secretaries, journalists, ambassadors and CECs.
There are 224 candidates who were named in the PSC list.
Below are at least 50 applicants who have been in the public limelight:
- Agnes Odhiambo - Former Controller of Budget (2011-2019).
- Ahmed Ali Muktar - Former Wajir Deputy Governor, and Governor briefly.
- Ahmed Ibrahim Abass - Former Ijara MP and later Speaker of Garissa County Assembly.
- Alfred Indimulu Kahii - Machakos High School Chief Principal and chairperson of the Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association.
- Ali Menza Mbogo - Former Kisauni Member of Parliament (2017-2022).
- Anania Mwaboza - Former Kisauni Member of Parliament (2003-2017).
- Anuar Loititip - Former Senator of Lamu County (2017-2022).
- Bishop Margaret Wanjiru - Former Starehe MP (2008-2013).
- Boniface Mutisya Musambi - Former KBC journalist; expressed interest in Kitui Central MP seat on UDA ticket in 2022 polls.
- Caleb Kositany - Former Soy MP (2017-2022).
- Catherine Waruguru - Former Laikipia Woman Representative (2017-2022).
- Charles Njagua Kanyi alias Jaguar - Former Starehe MP (2017-2022).
- Chris Wamalwa - Former Kiminini MP (2013-2022).
- Christopher Langat - Former Bomet Senator (2017-2022).
- Cleophas Malala - Former Kakamega Senator (2017-2022).
- Cornelly Serem - Former Aldai MP (2013-2022).
- Dennis Itumbi - Former State House Digital Strategist.
- Dennitah Ghati - Former Migori Woman Representative (2013-2017) and Nominated MP (2017-2022).
- Dr. Charles Malcom Lochodo - Former County Chief Health Officer, Turkana County.
- Eng. Nicholas Gumbo - Former Rarieda MP (2007-2017).
- Evans Odhiambo Kidero - Former Nairobi Governor (2013-2017).
- Fred Segor - Former Principal Secretary for Wildlife in President Uhuru Kenyatta's administration.
- Fredrick Outa - Former Kisumu Senator (2017-2022); prior to that, he had served as Nyando MP.
- Gideon Keter - Former Nominated MP (2017-2022).
- Adelina Mwau - Former Makueni County Deputy Governor (2013-2022).
- Isaac Mwaura - Former Nominated Senator (2017-2022).
- James Ongwae - Former Governor of Kisii County (2013-2022).
- Joash Maangi - Former Deputy Governor of Kisii County (2013-2022).
- John Mruttu - First Governor of Taita Taveta County (2013-2017).
- Julius Ouma Jwan - Former Principal Secretary for Basic Education in President Uhuru Kenyatta's administration.
- Khatib Mwashetani - Former Lunga Lunga MP (2013-2022).
- Lindah Ogutu - Former journalist and news anchor at Standard Group.
- Macdonald Mariga - Former Harambee Stars football player and Kibra parliamentary aspirant.
- Millicent Omanga - Former Nominated Senator (2017-2022).
- Mohamed Adan Mahat - Secretary-General of SUPKEM
- Mohammed Hussein Gabbow - Former Wajir North MP (2007-2013).
- Moses Lenolkulal - Former Samburu Governor (2013-2022).
- Mwanaisha Chidzuga - Former KTN and K24 journalist and news anchor.
- Kimani Ngunjiri - Former Bahati MP (2017-2022).
- Patrick Khaemba - Former Trans Nzoia Governor (2013-2022).
- Prof. Micheni Ntiba Japhet - Former CAS for State Law and Department of Justice
- Purity Wangui Ngirici - Former Kirinyaga Woman Representative (2017-2022).
- Rehema Jaldesa - Former Woman Representative of Isiolo County (2017-2022).
- Samuel Tunai - Former Governor of Narok County (2013-2022).
- Seneta Mary Yiane - Nominated Senator (2017-2022).
- Simon Ng'ang'a Mbugua - Former EALA MP and former Kamukunji MP.
- Thomas Letangule - Former Commissioner of the IEBC.
- Thomas Mwadeghu - Former Wundanyi MP.
- Wesley Korir - Former Cherangany MP (2013-2017).
- Wilson Sossion - Former Secretary-General of KNUT and Nominated MP.