ANC party leader Musalia Mudavadi has been appointed to the position of Prime Cabinet Secretary.
With the appointment, Mudavadi is now the third most powerful government official after President William Ruto and his deputy Rigathi Gachagua.
“He will oversee the government projects. He will coordinate national legislative agenda,” President Ruto said of Mudavadi while he was naming his cabinet.
The roles that Mudavadi assumes are as follows:
- Assist the President and the Deputy President in the coordination and supervision of Government Ministries and State Departments.
- In liaison with the Ministry responsible for Interior and National Administration, oversee the implementation of National Government policies, programs and projects.
- Chair and Coordinate National Government legislative agenda across all ministries and state departments in consultation with and for transmission to the Party/Coalition Leaders in Parliament
- Facilitate inter-ministerial coordination of cross-functional initiatives and programmers.
- Coordinate and supervise the technical monitoring and evaluation of Government policies, programs and projects across Ministries.
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the President.