Land firm official faces Sh363,000 fraud charge
| May 14th 2022 | 1 min read
A clerk at a Nairobi land selling company has been charged with defrauding a woman of Sh363,000 by pretending that he was in a position to sell her land.
Charles Okoma Sawanga from Ngomongo/Komarock Development Company Limited appeared before Milimani Magistrate Muthoni Njagi on Friday.
He denied the offence he is said to have committed, jointly with others not before the court, on February 4, 2015, and August 2020 at the firm's office along Tsavo Road in Nairobi.
Sawanga, allegedly obtained the money from a 43-year-old widow, Damaris Wangui Wangari.
He pretended that he would sell Wangari a parcel of land measuring approximately 0.0630 hectares.
The property was valued at Sh1.5 million.
Mathare United relegated as confusion clouds FKF Premier LeagueMathare United has been relegated from the FKF Premier League.
Rift governor seat aspirants vetting deputies to meet deadlineSusan Kihika said that she had picked a group of elders to help her select a running mate. George Natembeya ignored the names from a task force that vetted potential candidates.
Man shot six times in broad daylight at Mirema, Kasarani identified
By Kamore Maina
- Why Raila campaign team owes no artist anything- MCSK boss
- Governor aspirants pick and drop running mates in surprise moves
- Djibouti team: Alliance key to tackle Lamu Port issues
- Ruto downplays Karua choice, says Azimio will mutilate law
- I'm taking a break from politics, Kithure Kindiki says after running mate loss