× Digital News Videos Health & Science Opinion Education Columnists Lifestyle Cartoons Moi Cabinets Kibaki Cabinets Arts & Culture Gender Podcasts E-Paper Tributes Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS

Cop in Quiver Lounge gun drama dies, police say

By Kamore Maina and Winfrey Owino | November 23rd 2021

Festus Musyoka and two others sustained gunshot wounds after an altercation at Quiver Lounge on Thika Road. [File, Standard]

Festus Musyoka, a Starehe DCI officer who was shot during an altercation at Quiver Lounge on Thika Road has died while undergoing treatment.

While confirming the death, Starehe DCI boss Daniel Musangi said “his officer passed on at Nairobi West Hospital where he was undergoing treatment”.

“The main suspect, in this case, is highly likely to be arraigned on murder charges anytime, as a result of the death,” Musangi told The Standard.

The incident occurred on July 2, after an alleged tiff over who was the bonafide boyfriend of a youthful woman turned into a fight, complete with an exchange of gunfire.

The exchange of fire involved a civilian gunman, who is alleged to have shot the three who later on surrendered to the police.

The suspect, Dickson Njanja Mararo, has not been arraigned since the incident took place four months ago, as detectives sought more time to complete the investigation.

Musyoka sustained gunshot wounds on his neck alongside his colleague from Kasarani’s petty crime unit, Lawrence Muturi who was shot in the hand.

A woman, identified as Nzisa also sustained gunshot wounds in the abdomen.

Earlier reports had indicated that the two officers were involved in a scuffle over a woman.

However, CCTV footage showed Mararo approaching the two officers’ table and confronted them over an unknown issue.

The footage shows him firing rounds of ammunition then escaping using his Toyota Land Cruiser which he had parked outside the joint.

Share this story
How robbers in four-hour siege at bank evaded police
After a four-hour dramatic shootout by police and armed robbers at Equity Bank, many have been left wondering how the thieves evaded arrest.
Italian firm linked to dams' scandal seeking Sh80b, court told
An Italian firm linked to the Arror and Kimwarer dams scandal is demanding Sh80 billion compensation, it has emerged.