Once again, it’s that time of the year. The family gatherings, the food, the bundled up weather, the music, the gifts and presents just make this time of the year magical.
We should, however, not forget the reason for the season; which is celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.
With that said, some of us may not have well thought out plans on how to celebrate Christmas this year. The following are some interesting activities you may take part in on that day:
- Attend a Christmas play or musical production put on by your church or nearest theatre troupe.
- For parents who have small kids, you can wrap up your favourite Christmas books together. Those with older kids can pick up their favourite Christmas books to read.
- 1 World Contraception Day: Ministry pledges to give Kenyans contraceptives
- 2 Low uptake of family planning in Baringo
- 3 Pro-teen abortion law draws fresh rejection
- 4 Family businesses: To keep or to let go?
- Movie date alone or with your friends with favoruite Christmas treats, preferably Christmas movies
- Sleep over plan with relatives and friends. Have a “sleepover” around the Christmas tree (not necessary; just for fun) while watching season films and enjoying your favourite meals.
- Since it is Jesus’ birthday, you can bake a birthday cake for him and share with other people. Some churches celebrate Jesus’ birthday with the congregation bringing different gifts needed at the church and the young children opening them.
- Participate in any charity drive where you and your family get a chance to give to others.
However you choose to celebrate this day, just be sure to make it special.
A merry Christmas to you filled with love, peace and joy.