Woman bites KDF husband to death in Kiambu
By Standard Reporter | April 4th 2021
A Kenya Defence Forces officer was Saturday night killed at Kahawa Wendani in Kiambu County.
The Directorate of Criminal Investigation on Sunday reported that the man was involved in a domestic dispute with his wife Violet Asale.
The cause of the disagreement is yet to be established as DCI officers said the incident happened at around midnight.
Asale, 27, fatally bit her husband, a 37-year-old Private stationed at Gilgil KDF Camp.
Investigators said Asale bit off her husband's finger. Bite marks were also found on the victim’s chest and shoulder.
Police were called to the scene after Asale took her husband to Kahawa Garrison Health Centre after he developed convulsions. He was pronounced dead at the facility.
"The 37-year-old officer died in his house at Kahawa Wendani in Kiambu's Ruiru sub-county when his wife cast her teeth through his thumb, chest and shoulder," a statement given by DCI on its Twitter account said.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Asale was taken into custody as police investigate the cause of death.
Uhuru, Raila team to appeal BBI verdict
- Tuju: The 40 minutes that saved my life
- BBI promoters say House route the best option
- Backlash as elders settle on new entrant, Rusana, to succeed Obado
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges