Julius Karangi now deployed to boost vote listing
By Gakuu Mathenge | February 6th 2017
Jubilee Party strategists have deployed a retired four-star general to placate reluctant potential voters in Nyeri County.
The strategists were jolted by returns showing only 34,000 voters out of a possible 300,000 had turned up to register by last Wednesday. The party has now deployed Gen (rtd) Julius Karangi to spearhead the vote hunt in his home county.
On Friday, Karangi convened a meeting for all aspiring governors and senators in a Nairobi hotel, and is scheduled to convene another one with all aspiring National Assembly and County Assembly aspirants in Nyeri on Monday to craft strategies to mobilise voters in the area.
Mud thwarts man’s attempt to dump lover’s body
- Man arrested stark naked, appears in court in policewoman’s clothes
- Woman: Nigerian man never conned me Sh31m, I gave him the money
- Briton loses custody of his son to Kenya woman
- Murgor’s past cited in Chief Justice interview
By Paul Ogemba
- KCPE stars' dreams and career plans