London's Heathrow to cancel some flights due to runway protest
LONDON: London's Heathrow Airport said it may have to cancel some flights on Monday as police tried to remove activists who had gained access to a runway to protest against the possible expansion of the airport.
"Both runways are open, although there will still be delays and a few cancellations," the airport said in an emailed statement.
Heathrow was selected as the site for a new runway in south east England earlier this month.
Meru County students benefit from Sh500,000 libraryStudents from Meru County will now benefit from access to learning material with the refurbishment of a library at Igandene Secondary School.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
All 400 Maranda School Form 4 students sent home indefinitely
- Duale: Uhuru’s sudden appearance during my TV interview didn’t scare me
- Man who shot woman he thought was fugitive cop Kangogo found dead
By Osinde Obare
- Police officers’ ‘slashed salaries’: What’s happening?
By Mate Tongola
- Country's only known alligator since 1967 on the brink of death
- My old-fashioned watermill has served me for 90 years, says miller