County completes GBV rescue centre building
By Phares Mutembei
| October 17th 2021
Construction of a Sh40 million Gender-Based Violence rescue centre is done.
The facility is one of the first national government's GBV rescue centres done courtesy of the National-Government Affirmative Action Fund.
It is at Nkomo Ward in Tigania West Sub-county and can house at least 1,000 persons.
Meru Women Representative Kawira Mwangaza said they would invite President Uhuru Kenyatta to open the centre once the final touches are done.
She regretted that the county suffered a significant number of gender-based violence cases.
Mwangi wa Iria blasts Mt Kenya forum for making 'illegal' bargainsWa Iria opposed the group and successfully vied for governor defeating Dr Moses Mwangi, an ally of the Mount Kenya Foundation.
Third building collapses in Kiambu in two monthsA garage in an adjacent building and three vehicles were destroyed.
Gideon's visit rekindles memories of Moi
- You weren’t my father’s wife, man tells Washington Olweny’s widow
By Daniel Chege
- Officer shoots dead six people including girlfriend, kills self in Kangemi
By Jael Mboga
- Mwingi bus crash survivors recount ordeal as search continues
- 11 students arrested after private school dormitory burns
- William Ruto wheelbarrow back to Kisii
By Erick Abuga