Security officers raid illicit brew manufacturing den
By Dickson Mwiti | February 11th 2019
Security officers in Tharaka Nithi destroyed 1,200 litres of illicit liquor seized from a house at Cheera market in Meru South sub-county.
The team also impounded 60 crates of liquor and two bottle-corking machines. The swoop that was conducted on Saturday was led by County Police Commander Charles Mbatu, County Criminal Investigations Officer Betty Chepng’eno, County Commissioner Beverly Opwora and area OCPD Benson Makumbi.
"We raided the house after receiving complaints from the public and arrested the main suspect who will be arraigned on Monday," said Mr Mbatu.
Ms Opwora warned chiefs against colluding with brewers, maintaining that anyone found culpable will face the full force of law.
Knitting diver Tom Daley catches attention at Tokyo Olympics
- Abel Kipsang sets new Olympic record in 1,500m semis
- Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession