SECTIONS

'Heartbreaking': Twins die in Kiandutu slum fire

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault. [Courtesy, iStock]

Twins aged four died in a house fire Thursday morning in Kiandutu slums, Thika.

Neighbours said the fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Agnes Wambui, the grandmother of the twins, escaped from the burning house but suffered minor burns.

Thika West Sub-county Commander Daniel Kinyua said the incident is being investigated.

The incident is under probe. [Courtesy, iStock]

The bodies of the two boys were found in the bedroom.

Wambui said she could not rescue the boys since the blaze was too intense.

The mother of the two boys, a casual labourer, is said to have been away at the time of the incident. 

"It is painful that the fire department took long to arrive. As if that wasn’t enough, there was no water on our taps,” said Ester Wanjiku, a witness.