Nyeri: All four occupants of one car killed in head-on collision
By Lydia Nyawira | May 8th 2021
Four people died and two others critically injured following a head-on collision at Solio area in Kiawara, Nyeri County on the Nyeri-Nyahururu highway on Saturday.
The May 8 crash involved a Toyota Probox and a Nissan AD.
The AD, which had two occupants on board, was heading to Nyahururu from Nyeri, whereas the Probox, which had four occupants, was en route to Nyeri.
All the four occupants of the Probox died on the spot, Kieni West OCPD Ahmed Ali told The Standard.
“The Nissan AD had a tyre burst, resulting in the driver hurtling towards the oncoming traffic lane. The AD subsequently collided head-on with the Toyota Probox,” said Ali.
The injured occupants of the Nissan AD were taken to the Mary Immaculate Hospital Mweiga.
As of the time of publication, the mangled wreckages of the vehicles were still at the scene.
Three meetings held in Mount Kenya to lay strategy for the presidency
- Bring it on, Ruto challenges Raila and Kalonzo
By Allan Mungai
- Woman ‘happy’ after angry mob lynches her bloodthirsty son
- UoN sheds jobs, courses in step to cut costs as admissions dip
- Postmortem: Missing Mombasa woman died painfully
By Brian Okoth
- Raila now blows hot and cold in debate on judicial impasse
By Brian Otieno