Police assaults woman in row over family car
By Jackline Inyanji | May 1st 2021
A woman is recuperating after she was assaulted by her husband, a police officer based at Kabras police station in Kakamega County.
The woman, 31, claimed her husband attacked her while inquiring about the whereabouts of his car.
“It is not the first time he has assaulted me, he has been doing it on many occasions,” said the victim, who is admitted at Royo Hospital in Malava town.
Confirming the incident, Kakamega North Police Commander Paul Mwenda said the matter is under investigation.
“If it is true she was assaulted by the officer, we shall take action against him and ensure the hospital bill is cleared,” he said.
A clinical officer at the hospital said the woman, who was admitted with vaginal bleeding, lost her pregnancy.
Trouble in Uhuru's 'bedroom' as allies switch camps
- The 5 things Kirubi said I must enjoy in life: Igathe
By Brian Okoth
- Military chopper crashes in Kajiado, goes up in flames
- County finally gets access to DP's property to desilt Grogan canal
- Thika Road horror: Wife recounts last moments with motorist killed in bullet spray
- Court of Appeal constitutes seven-judge bench for BBI appeal cases