Marwa: Makonde Community to get own location and chief
By Tobias Chanji
| March 25th 2017
A chief from the Makonde Community will be employed to administer a new location that will be hived off Kinondo, Coast Regional Coordinator Nelson Marwa has said.
Marwa said the new location to be called Makongeni is only awaiting Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery’s approval. Speaking during a ceremony held by the community after they were given Kenyan IDs, Marwa asked the Makonde to use their citizenship to develop the country.
“You should now apply for loans and start businesses, you can do business anywhere because you are now Kenyans,” said Marwa. - Tobias Chanji
To fight drought, involve communitiesAccording to the latest information from the Meteorological Department, rainfall will be poorly distributed in April, May and June, and this will have a serious impact on agriculture
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Happy ending for brave Form Two student begging for school fees on city streets
- Governor Hillary Barchok taken to task over hiring staff from the same community
- Kenya Power board kicked out of House as key meeting aborts
- Governor Chepkwony now opposes James Finlay's move to sell flower farm
By Nikko Tanui
- Woman dies while reporting ‘stubborn’ daughter to police
By Brian Okoth
- Officer arrested over link to 2,040 bullets found in Embakasi car
By Jael Mboga