CS Mailu declares March 3 Jiggers Awareness Day
By Brigid Chemweno
| February 24th 2017
Health Cabinet Secretary Cleopa Mailu has declared March 3 Jiggers Awareness Day.
In the Kenya Gazette notice number 1302, the CS (above) announced that the day would be marked every year.
The national policy on the prevention and control of jigger infestations notes tetanus as a common secondary infection that has been associated with death and the spread of HIV.
Seven-year-old girl drowns in river on way to schoolThe God's Gift Academy pupil met her death as she tried to cross the river. Witnesses said the girl had been left behind by her older siblings when she slipped and fell into the water.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Witness in Ruto ICC case at The Hague is missing
- Chief guest Ruto won’t attend Devolution Conference in Makueni
By Brian Okoth
- Judge asks Kinoti to report to prison and serve his sentence
By Paul Ogemba
- Ngirici: Why I regret investing my valuable resources in Ruto, UDA
- Standard Group cartoonist Joshua Nanjero dies
- Governor Mutahi Kahiga to join Raila's two day tour of Nyeri