Health CS Cleopa Mailu declares March 3 Jiggers Awareness Day
By Brigid Chemweno
| February 24th 2017
Health Cabinet Secretary Cleopa Mailu has declared March 3 Jiggers Awareness Day. In the Kenya Gazette notice number 1302, the CS announced that the day would be marked every year.
The national policy on the prevention and control of jigger infestations notes tetanus as a common secondary infection that has been associated with death and the spread of HIV.
Two nursery school pupils drown in flooded quarryThe two girls, Beverly Kemei, seven, and Brenda Chepchirchir, six, who were pupils at Toloita Primary School, were holding hands as they walked home from school when they slipped into the water-filled quarry.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Kongowea traders want Ruto's Sh2 million donation probed
By Patrick Beja
- Governor Waiguru joins UDA
By Betty Njeru
- Mau Mau Road construction triggers property value rise
- Supreme Court stops Kananu swearing-in as Nairobi governor
By Paul Ogemba
- Man Utd-Liverpool match protests lead to 14 arrests, closure of school
By Moses Baya
- Rise in human bird flu cases in China shows risk of fast-changing variants: experts
HEALTH & SCIENCE