Kanu to support Ford Kenya candidates for governorship in two counties
By Alex Wakhisi | February 22nd 2017
Kanu will not field candidates for Bungoma and Trans Nzoia gubernatorial seats and will instead support Ford Kenya candidates.
The party, however, will field candidates for other seats in the two counties. Job Shangani, Trans Nzoia and Bungoma Kanu regional coordinator, predicted that the independence party will win majority seats in the two counties.
Speaking in Bungoma after a meeting with Ford Kenya officials, Shangani said Kanu may also support Ford Kenya senatorial aspirants. He added that Ford Kenya would pick Kanu member for deputy governor post.
"The talks are still ongoing. This arrangement is the best because Ford Kenya is popular in Bungoma and already it has gubernatorial aspirants who have announced their intentions to unseat Governor Ken Lusaka," he said.
Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Woman faints after police raid church over Covid rule breaches [PHOTOS]
By Nikko Tanui
- Makueni family cries for justice after class seven pupil gang raped
- Chris Kirubi and the gospel of seek ye first wealth and all...
- Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Farmers in Kieni receive solar powered boreholes