Pope Francis in State House, the photos you did not get to see
By Standard Team
| November 25th 2015
Nairobi, Kenya: Pope Francis arrived in the country this afternoon to a rousing welcome from Kenyans led by President Uhuru Kenyatta and First Lady Margaret Kenyatta.
At State House – the Pope received full honours including a 21-gun salute and a guard of honour which was mounted by a detachment of the Kenya Army. After the State reception, the Pope held private talks with President Kenyatta before they were joined by Government officials for a bilateral meeting. The Pope and the President later addressed the Nation from the lawns of State House.
Settle us before next elections to ease tension, squatters tell GovernmentThousands of squatters in Mombasa and Kilifi yesterday protested against landlessness.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Male student, 17, dies in girls’ secondary school dormitory
- Boniface Mwangi house destruction: What we know so far
- Police clarification on bar operating hours after Uhuru lifts curfew
- Nairobi marabou storks lose their home to Expressway
- Postmortem examination performed on Masten Wanjala’s body
By Micah Sali
- DP William Ruto on a charm offensive in Western