Two people electrocuted in Mathare North, Nairobi
By Cyrus Ombati
| June 27th 2015
Two people were electrocuted in a bizarre incident in Mathare North area, Nairobi. The two, a 14-year-old girl and a 24-year-old woman, were electrocuted last evening.
Police said the 24-year-old woman was washing clothes on the balcony of a building when she touched a metal grill forming part of the area. The grill was apparently connected to live wires out of illegal connections.
It was then that she was electrocuted and screamed for help. The 14-year-old rushed to her help and touched her also going down.
Police say the bodies of the two were discovered long after the electrocution had happened and were later moved to mortuary. Cases of illegal power connections are common in informal settlements. This has led to many such electrocutions and fire incidents.
How Kenya's NYS has evolved through the years to be what it isIt was initially designed as a paramilitary service that provides an organised and disciplined human resource pool through which the youth would be involved in national development programmes and later be absorbed into the job market.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
H-Pylori: What is it? Its symptoms, dangers and treatment
NUTRITION & WELLNESS
By Betty Njeru
- Tears and gloom at Embu hospital as families collect 15 bodies
- Village beauty who did not have heels wows international catwalks
- Governor Kimemia: We lied about Raila Odinga
By Brian Okoth
- Waiguru to Ngirici: You don’t enjoy exclusive rights in UDA
By Brian Okoth
- Raila in Nyeri: Ida gets Kikuyu name as ODM chief receives warm reception