Kwale High School parents will bear the burden of losses incurred when a dormitory was burnt down by unknown arsonist on the night of July 29.
Students reporting for the third term Wednesday and who were accompanied by their parents paid Sh4,000 each for repairs and renovation of the damaged dormitory. The students who were sleeping in the burnt dormitory would be accommodated in other dormitories pending repairs.
The school has about 1,015 students who are expected to contribute an estimated Sh4.06 million.
Meanwhile, three secondary school students were Wednesday charged at the Hola Law Court with attempting to set on fire their food store in Tana River County. The trio, two Form Two students and a Form Three from Wenje Secondary School were accompanied by their parents.
- 1 Three more COVID-19 positives at Man City hours before United clash
- 2 Boy ruins Obama's kitchen budget
- 3 Karua gets Sh2.7m for being denied justice
- 4 U.S. housing secretary Carson tests positive for Covid-19: reports
Emilio Mbogo, the school principal was also in court. The students are alleged to have attempted to torch the store on July 21, but their plan plan was thwarted by a watchman who caught them with petrol.