Car of the week - Porsche 911 GT3
By The Sunday Times
| Jul 22nd 2013 | 1 min read
Adapted from Sunday Times
Car collectors of the world take note: after 50 years of progress, and with increasing levels of environmental legislation looming on the horizon, the new GT3 might just be the wildest 911 Porsche will make. Arriving in British showrooms in November, it will certainly be the most expensive to date, costing £100,540. Porsche claims that the price rise (from £79,540) brings with it advancements that make it faster and more trouser-igniting than ever.
For starters, there’s a semi-automatic gearbox with a dual-clutch system developed for motor racing. You can slip it into neutral by pulling both shift paddles, rev the engine and then dump it back into gear, allowing you to perform the burnouts, doughnuts, drifts and other tomfoolery that testosterone-fuelled owners of GT3s like to indulge in.
Applications open for Google startups funding
- How the handout economy is fueling Kenya's inflation
By XN Iraki
- Obinna Ukwuani: The techie behind top African bank's digital drive
- KCB plays it safe, picks insider Paul Russo to succeed Oigara
- Tea production drop by 31m kilos in a year
By Nikko Tanui
- Bamburi, IFC to boost procurement opportunities for women