Equity scholars get e-learning devices
SCI & TECH
By Standard Reporter | June 16th 2020
Equity Group Foundation and Mastercard Foundation have partnered to support more than 14,600 students in the Wings to Fly and Elimu scholarship programmes to access education at home.
Secondary school students have been provided with a solar-powered device to ensure access to government-approved lessons aired on radio and TV stations with the current Covid-19 lockdown.
Additionally, each of the secondary school students and 800 alumni of the Wings to Fly scholarship programme currently in technical and vocational training institutions will receive a monthly stipend for June through to August.
Covid 19 Time Series
Team renews hope of reviving stalled Kenya-UK trade treaty
- Tax review pushes up prices of basic items
MONEY & MARKET
- Blow to KRA as High Court scraps Minimum Tax
- Insta-harm: What researchers have found about dangers of Instagram
SCI & TECH
- Big relief for Coast hotels as UK de-lists Kenya from red-list
- Bridging digital divide to create jobs of the future