Equity scholars get e-learning devices
SCI & TECH
By Standard Reporter | June 16th 2020
Equity Group Foundation and Mastercard Foundation have partnered to support more than 14,600 students in the Wings to Fly and Elimu scholarship programmes to access education at home.
Secondary school students have been provided with a solar-powered device to ensure access to government-approved lessons aired on radio and TV stations with the current Covid-19 lockdown.
Additionally, each of the secondary school students and 800 alumni of the Wings to Fly scholarship programme currently in technical and vocational training institutions will receive a monthly stipend for June through to August.
Covid 19 Time Series
Investors re-imagine the business of selling coffee
- Digital lenders to come under CBK regulations in six months
- Regulator eyes 30pc increase in pensions uptake
- Ways to deal with employee theft
By Paul Kariuki
- Tame your debt appetite, African governments told
- Cassava farmers in Busia count losses as plant lies idle
MONEY & MARKET