Airtel responds as subscribers suffer network outage
SCI & TECH
By Pascal Sala
| Oct 16th 2019 | 1 min read
SCI & TECH
Airtel Kenya subscribers were on Wednesday morning hit by network outage that disrupted calls and SMS services.
The company in a statement confirmed the disruption assuring subscribers that it is working on restoring voice and message services.
“We are currently having some technical challenges with our network. Due to this, data and call services will be intermittent. However, data services are available,” read part of the statement by Airtel Kenya.
The telco’s official communication came after subscribers took to social media to express their disappointment on the outage that began on Tuesday night.
Applications open for Google startups funding
- How the handout economy is fueling Kenya's inflation
By XN Iraki
- Obinna Ukwuani: The techie behind top African bank's digital drive
- KCB plays it safe, picks insider Paul Russo to succeed Oigara
- Tea production drop by 31m kilos in a year
By Nikko Tanui
- Bamburi, IFC to boost procurement opportunities for women