Phone maker Gionee launches premium smartphone
SCI & TECH
By Standard Reporter | December 20th 2017
Phone maker Gionee has launched a premium smartphone in Kenya targeting the growing youthful market.
The Gionee X1S, unveiled in Nairobi under a Christmas offer, steps up the firm’s assault on the local market that is increasingly attracting Chinese brands.
“Since our entry into the market in 2016, this is our seventh smartphone brand and the first in the premium category,” said the general manager for Kenya, Eric Ai.
He said the X1S combines advanced technology and enhanced selfie and battery capabilities, which are popular with young customers.
The phone also comes with a fingerprint sensor and three SIM slots and a selfie-optimised camera.
SGR hauls increased cargo between Mombasa port and Nairobi
- High cost of living: Residents decry cost of food prices
- Why 'selfnomics' sounds better than Railanomics, Rutonomics
By XN Iraki
- End of an era as KPC decommissions Kenya’s oldest pipeline
- City land owners to start paying higher rates in January
- Flagging shilling adds Sh1.1b to Safaricom’s debt servicing load