Supreme Petition: List of data Nasa to access from Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission servers
SCI & TECH
By Fredrick Obura | August 28th 2017
NAIROBI, KENYA: Kenya’s Supreme Court on Monday granted National Super Alliance (NASA) access to a number of documents from Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commisssion (IEBC) in the ongoing 2017 election petition.
The court's order includes access to log in trail of users and equipments into the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commisssion’s server, and administrative access log into IEBC’s public portal between August 5-to-date
Justice Isaac Lenaola who delivered the order (See below listed orders) said Registrar of the court will supervise access of original copies of the forms 34a and 34b and a report to be filed on Tuesday 29 at 5pm and parties will be at liberty to submit on it at the end of the hearing.
Data NASA to access from IEBC
- Log in trail of users and equipments into the IEBC servers
- Log in trail of users and equipments into Kenya Integrated Elections Management System (KIEMS) data base management system
- Administrative access log into IEBC public portal between August 5-to date
- Certified copies of the original forms 34a 34b 34 c prepared at and obtained from the polling stations by the presiding officers and used to generate final tally of presidential election
- Forms 34a 34b 34 c from all the 40,800 polling stations
- Scanned and transmitted copies of forms 34a, 34b
- Firewalls without disclosure of software version, password policy
- Password metrix
- Certified copies of certificate of penetration test conducted on IEBC election technology system prior to and during 2017 election. This will include certified copies of all reports prepared and certified copies of certificates by professionals.
- Specific GPRS location of each Kenya Integrated Elections Management System (KIEMS) kit used during election between 5-11 August 2017
- Certified list of all Kenya Integrated Elections Management System kit procured but not used and or deployed during the election.
- Polling stations for each Kenya Integrated Elections Management System kit used and or deployed during the elections.
In results announced by IEBC, President Uhuru Kenyatta defeated Raila Odinga by 1.4million votes but Raila is disputing the outcome alleging possible hacking of IEBC servers.
The IEBC declaration ignited pockets of protests mainly in the opposition stronghold with deaths reported in some areas.
Kenya's brand value up by 8pc in one year on UK trade deal
- No questions over million shilling transactions opens taps for campaign billions
- Amid job losses, loyalty wanes as priorities change for most workers
By Peter Theuri
- Want to become a millionaire? Follow Warren Buffett’s 4 rules
- Financial discipline: Educate children when they are young
- Bonds boost NSE as investors shy away from equities