Device that tells you what you are eating
SCI & TECH
By - | November 25th 2013
By ThE Standard Xtra
It is not easy to determine the exact nutritional content of foods especially if one is eating out. It is important to know the chemicals and allergens contained in food so as to avoid taking up undesired ingredients especially if you are allergic to some type of foods.
This is why TellSpec was invented. Using TellSpec and a smartphone app, one is able to obtain all the nutritional information of food by just waving the device over the food. The TellSpec device is itself a scanner that scans food so as to determine the allergens, chemicals, nutrients, calories, and all other important contents present in the food. The device works by scanning the food and sending the obtained data to an “analysis engine” found in the cloud which then returns a nutritional information report to your smartphone app in a matter of seconds.
End of an era as Double M buses face auctioneer's hammer
- Cash-strapped Kenyans getting nutritious relief from matumbo
- Banks on the spot over erroneous CRB listings
By Peter Theuri
- Power plays and politics: The toxic mix fuelling Kenya Power woes
- Why reviving debt-ridden Uchumi and Mumias Sugar remains a tall order
- Court ruling on income tax to hurt KRA’s target