?NLC to review allocations in five Kilifi settlement schemes
By Maureen D Ongala
| Mar 13th 2018 | 1 min read
The National Land Commission (NLC) and county land office have announced that all allocations at the Kijipwa settlement scheme in Mtepeni ward will be reviewed in one month.
Other settlement schemes set for review include Ngomeni, Chembe Kibambamche, Jimba and Chakama. Last month, NLC conducted a public hearing on eight parcels of land under dispute in Kijipwa.
Speaking during a community meeting at the scheme yesterday, County LandExecutive Charles Dadu announced that Sh40 million had been set aside for the review exercise.
In a letter dated February 4, 2014, NLC Chairman Muhammad Swazuri said the commission had received several complaints about skewed allocations in Kijipwa, with some villagers complaining of being locked out entirely.
Why relocating capital city won't solve Nairobi's mess
- Kris Senanu quits Safaricom barely a year into the job
- Intrigues as Geoffrey Wasua replaces Rosemary Oduor at Kenya Power
- Why Housing Finance is selling head office
- Terry Ramadhani appointed as KEMSA new CEO
By Fred Kagonye
- The big infrastructural projects revamping the coastal economy
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
By Peter Theuri