How to maintain your wooden furniture
By Wangeci Kanyeki | July 28th 2016
Wooden furniture can give you many years of service if well maintained. Here are a few ideas:
1 Keep wooden furniture away from direct sunlight to avoid cracking and fading.
2 Dust the furniture daily with a lint free soft cloth. To prevent wear and tear fading, regularly use a wood cleaning product that can be found at local supermarkets.
3 Alternatively, search for home-made wood cleaning product recipes which could combine distilled vinegar with lemon juice and cold compressed virgin oil or vegetable oils and using a soft cloth wipe in circular motions.
4 Avoid putting hot drinks and cups on the surface as it will form white rings on the surface of the wooden furniture. Instead, place beverages on coasters to protect the wood and to give it a longer lifespan.
Team renews hope of reviving stalled Kenya-UK trade treaty
- Tax review pushes up prices of basic items
MONEY & MARKET
- Blow to KRA as High Court scraps Minimum Tax
- Insta-harm: What researchers have found about dangers of Instagram
SCI & TECH
- Big relief for Coast hotels as UK de-lists Kenya from red-list
- Bridging digital divide to create jobs of the future