Awards and recognition of Hitesh Mehta
• Florida American Society Of Landscape Architect’s (Flasla) Environmental Sustainability Honour Award to Crosswaters Ecolodge and Spa, China (2011).
• American Society Of Landscape Architect’s (Asla) General Design Honour Award for Crosswaters Ecolodge and Spa, China (2010).
• WTTC Tourism for Tomorrow Destination Stewardship Finalist Award, Ministry of Tourism, Montenegro (2010).
• China Best Design Hotels Awards for ‘Best Concept Hotel’ and ‘Judges Choice’ to Crosswaters Ecolodge and Spa, Shanghai, China (2009)
• India Ministry of Tourism Best Planned National Park Award to Corbett National Park, India (2007-2008).
• American Institute of Architect’s (AIA) Merit Award for Bahsecehir New Urbanist Town, Turkey (2001).
• United Nations (UN) Habitat Award for Bahsecehir New Urbanist Town, Turkey (1998).
• Tacoma Chapter AIA Design Award for Commerce Connections and Public Spaces Transit Project in downtown Tacoma, Washington, USA (1994).
• In July 2006, National Geographic Adventure magazine identified him as one of five Sustainable Tourism Pioneers in the world.
How retired couple built a business empire in a Siaya village
- Techie who founded start-up with Sh3,000
By Brian George
- Sweet profits from bees made me quit a stable government job
- Equity wins Sh800m tax dispute against KRA
- State seeks powers to snoop on suspected money launderers
- State projects push up cement consumption