Fly 540 plane makes emergency landing in Turkana after engine fails
By Sara Okuoro | February 28th 2020
A Fly 540 airplane has made an emergency landing at Kapese Airstrip in Turkana South after developing mechanical problems.
The aircraft had just departed from the airstrip at 9:45am on Friday when one engine failed.
The pilot was forced to turn back just 5 minutes into the flight citing “mechanical issues.”
All the 49 passengers and 5 crew members aboard the flight disembarked safely.
There were no injuries reported.
The Fly 540 flight 5Y - CGH was enroute to Wilson Airport in Nairobi from Lodwar.
The airline said in a press release that the incident would cause delays in their flight schedule over the next few days.
Chimphondah: The man putting Shelter Afrique’s house in order
- Gideon and ICT committee laud Konza City's project progress
- Court bars CBK's migration of banks to foreign payment firm
- Forex reserves drop by Sh27b after debt repayment to China
- KQ gets nod to evict rival airline 748 from JKIA property
- Retracing the rise of Nairobi bourse from colonial-era free fall