County suspends city termini operating illegally
By Cyrus Ombati
| Feb 11th 2019 | 1 min read
The county government has suspended matatu termini that operate illegally, as it seeks to end traffic jam in the Nairobi Central Business District (CBD).
Director of Parking Services Tom Tinega said illegal pick-up and drop-off points had been created in areas that had not been gazetted.
He said this had brought chaos and wasteful traffic jams.
“This is to inform that only gazetted drop-off points would be allowed and all non-gazetted drop-off points have been suspended with immediate effect,” he said.
The county government and some PSV operators have been at loggerheads over parking slots in the city.
Kenya Power names new interim managing director
- Curtains fall on one of East Africa's oldest fast food restaurants
- The making of a Sh2b healthcare start-up
- Safaricom senior officer Kris Senanu quits telco
By Betty Njeru
- Managing Gen Z at the workplace
By Tony Mbaya
- Nyeri hoteliers face lean times as iconic White Rhino faces auction