Spirits maker eyes market growth
By James Wanzala
| Nov 17th 2018 | 1 min read
A local alcoholic beverages manufacturing firm has stepped up plans to meet the growing local demand for quality locally manufactured spirits.
Thika-based Africa Spirits Limited has disclosed that enhanced enforcement action by the Government against illicit and contraband alcoholic drinks has opened up a vast market for local manufacturers.
Brand Portfolio Manager Ascah Ogara says local consumers have embraced locally manufactured products and are increasingly demanding flavoured brands.
It is estimated that the alcohol industry contributes over 100 billion in taxes to the exchequer.
Desperate hunt for cheap maize abroad as Kenya's silos now run dry
- President Uhuru's office gets Sh4.4b more as Ukur Yatani breaks law
- What Honda CR-V offers: its strengths and weaknesses
By Mate Tongola
- Why mortgages may be a bad option for home buyers
- Nakuru city's old buildings make way for skyscrapers
By Ben Ahenda
- Four ways to test your business idea