Farmers to get potato harvesters
By Lee Mwiti | November 17th 2018
Tractor and equipment companies Bayer East Africa and Tinga have partnered to empower smallholder farmers increase their produce by lending them potato harvesting machinery.
The firms said the project that kicked off in Meru County aims to showcase the importance of mechanising agriculture.
“Using a potato harvester greatly reduces post-harvest loss because all the tubers are removed from the soil and there is minimal cutting and damaging,” said Tinga Manager Titus Musyoka.
High costs of cooking oil, fuel and power make life unbearable
- Local cement firms eye own clinker production to cut costs
- Extension of Sh3.5b meter-gauge railway line complete
- How healthy living has turned ginger into a goldmine for farmers
MONEY & MARKET
- State boosts local vehicle assembler with military deal
- Cost saving tactics to survive harsh economic times
By Peter Theuri