Garden City Mall in drive to collect plastic bags
By Correspondent | August 23rd 2017
Garden City Mall has launched a campaign to collect a targeted 1,000kg of plastic bags.
The “Going Green” campaign comes just days before the nationwide August 28 deadline following a ban on the use of plastic bags.
In a statement on Monday, the mall said the drive aimed at encouraging consumers to take as many plastic bags as they can to the mall, situated on the Thika Superhighway in Nairobi, in exchange for a reusable bag worth Sh50. The bags will then be sent to authorised recycling organisations.
Foreigners halt KCB stake sale as NSE prices steady
- Konza deal with NSE opens doors to new tech startups
- Shocking cover-up at Kenya Power
- You can now buy and sell NSE shares on the same day
- Phew! Curfew is over but this is why I’ll not drink to it
By XN Iraki
- Ray of hope for firms, households as economic gloom starts to lift