Hundreds stranded at Likoni ferry crossing channel
By Sara Okuoro | May 9th 2017
Hundreds of commuters and motorists were on Tuesday stuck at Likoni following flooding at the ferry crossing channel caused by heavy downpour.
The early morning incident due to high tides forced Kenya Ferry Services officials to suspend operations of two ferries at Mtongwe and Likoni channels.
The heavy rains at the Coast region have left behind a trail of destruction.
On Monday, a woman and her three children were among six people who were killed when a perimeter wall collapsed on their makeshift house in Mombasa’s Vipingo area.
Learning has also been disrupted in most parts of Kilifi County with school heads forced to send pupils home early.
City land owners to start paying higher rates in January
- Flagging shilling adds Sh1.1b to Safaricom’s debt servicing load
- Erastus Omolo appointed to Crowe Global Board of Directors
By Mike Kihaki
- Leader vs boss: Quick management tips for a winning team
By Tony Mutugi
- Moneycraft: Don’t borrow from yourself, it’s addictive
MONEY & MARKET
- KQ brands planes with wildlife images to support tourism
By Peter Theuri