Government bans use of plastic bags
By Standard Reporter | March 15th 2017
NAIROBI, KENYA: The government has banned use of plastic bags used for the commercialization and household packaging.
The ban includes importation, manufacture and use of plastic bags
CS Environment and Natural Resources Judi Wakhungu said the ban takes effect in six month’s time and it is in line with environmental management.
The banned plastic bags are categorized under the carrier bag and flat bag where carrier bag is defined as one constructed with handles, and with or without gussets. The flat bag are constructed without handles, and with or without gussets.
UK firm finalises acquisition of Kenyan insurer
- Bank profits surge to Sh60b in 4 months on economic rebound
- Firms to snub Kenya for not reducing emissions
- Tourist numbers edge up after record 2020 slump
- When boots and batons were met with twangs, cards and stethoscopes
By Peter Kimani
- Regent to manage Pangani low-cost housing project
By Peter Theuri