South Africa's January manufacturing output down 2.5 percent
| Mar 10th 2016 | 1 min read
South Africa's manufacturing output contracted by 2.5 percent year-on-year in January after rising by a revised 0.5 percent in December, Statistics South Africa said on Thursday.
On a month-on-month basis, factory production was down 1.8 percent, and was also down 1.1 percent in the three months to January compared with the previous three months.
High prices of goods blamed for costly dollar, supply disruptions
- Why Kenya might not issue another Eurobond
- EABL invests Sh5b in biomass plant
- Ethical procurement practices key to fostering Kenya's growth
By Chilion Ogol
- M-Pesa profile in Safaricom rises as voice revenue stutters
- Kenya to import 540,000 tonnes of maize to avert looming shortage