Nyeri dairy farmers see 15pc growth in revenue
By Job Weru
| Mar 1st 2016 | 1 min read
Dairy farmers in Nyeri who delivered their produce to Brookside Dairy earned Sh275 million last year, the milk processor said.
This was a 15 per cent increase in raw milk sales over last year, Brookside Dairy Director of Milk Procurement John Gethi added.
Addressing more than 1,000 farmers from various parts of the county during a training on how to increase fodder production, Mr Gethi said more farmers were turning to dairy farming, which had increased production.
He said the sector was becoming more attractive following sustained efforts to boost farmers’ capacity in animal husbandry through dairy training.
Top oil marketers tighten dominance in first 3 months
- Banks warn of more expensive loans as inflation climbs sharply
- Marketers seek to deepen sector's capacity as the society turns 60
By Ishaq Jumbe
- Magoha sued for failure to name quality control team
- Regulator recovers over Sh38m from rogue insurers
- Safaricom loses over 400,000 users in SIM registration drive