Scangroup rebrands to WPP Scangroup
By Standard Reporter and Reuters | June 18th 2015
Listed marketing services group, Scangroup Limited, has changed its name to WPP Scangroup Limited to reflect its majority shareholder.
WPP, the largest advertising company in the world, owns 50.1 per cent stake in Scangroup. Announcing the change of name, the chief executive of WPP Scangroup, Bharat Thakrar, said the change of name signifies that WPP Scangroup and WPP plc are now fully together.
“The synergy from the coming together of these two firms will transform the future of marketing communications across the continent. This is aptly captured by the famous African proverb that says: ‘If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together,’” Mr Thakrar said.
Team renews hope of reviving stalled Kenya-UK trade treaty
- Tax review pushes up prices of basic items
MONEY & MARKET
- Blow to KRA as High Court scraps Minimum Tax
- Insta-harm: What researchers have found about dangers of Instagram
SCI & TECH
- Big relief for Coast hotels as UK de-lists Kenya from red-list
- Bridging digital divide to create jobs of the future